Photography, drawings, design, writing, and other random stuff. Enjoy!
写真図面设计書くおよびその他の乱数なもの楽しむ

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Merchant's Egg (マーチャントのたまご)

 This is my personal favorite of the poems I will be posting today, It is so lovely and sad at the same time. Enjoy!

The merchant is here,
selling his wares on the streets,
giving a fair price.

People come afar,
to view his mystical pieces.
Looking and chatter.

His shelves hold clothing,
Persian rugs and Chinese jade,
even crystal balls.

But the favorite,
a gold, jewel encrusted egg,
from frozen monarchs.

Interest from all,
but when someone asks a price,
he simply replies:

"This beautiful one,
is not for sale, a gift for
my only daughter."

More people stopped by,
and they still kept on asking,
and he still replied:

"This beautiful one,
has no price, for it is a
gift for my daughter."

So he sold his wares,
and packed up his caravan.
Heading off for home.

He arrived later,
to a solitary grave,
and what he said was:

"This little one, is
all, only for you, my one,
my only daughter."

No comments:

Post a Comment